On January 25, 2021, the State Council issued a notice on requiring all the local governments to provide all-around services for people staying in the workplace for Spring Festival, which clearly stated that people in high-risk areas should celebrate the Chinese New Year on the spot to curb the spread of COVID-19 virus; people from medium-risk areas should spend the holiday exactly where they were, those who need to travel under special circumstances should be approved by the local CDC; while people in low-risk areas should avoid non-essential trips.
Do All Travelers Need Nucleic Acid Testing?
According to CCTV News, from January 28 to March 8, below are the three types of personnel who need to hold a negative certificate of nucleic acid test.
- Cross-provincial personnel returning to rural areas;
- Persons returning to rural areas from the cities where high-and medium-risk areas are located;
- Key groups of people returning to rural areas in the province, including the work staff engaged in the imported cold-chain food, other imported good at ports, quarantined places and working in means of transport.
Two Ways to Check If You Require a COVID Test!
If people are unsure whether they need to carry out the nucleic acid test or not before travelling, here are the two ways to find out:
- The first way is to directly dial the 24-hour mayor’s service hotline “area code + 12345” of the destination city;
- The second way is to scan the QR code below, but currently available only in Chinese.