Currently lives in
Yiwu International Academy- Yiwu, China- English Second Language Teacher/Physical Education Teacher 6th grade. – August 2019- Present
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences develop schemes of work and lesson plans
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
• Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
• Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs
• Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
• Use relevant technology to support instruction
• Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development and assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
• Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
Amherst Middle School, Amherst, MA USA U.S. History 7th and 8th grade/Physical Education August 2013 to May 2014
- Created a positive, safe and collaborative classroom environment for students
- Attended all department, grade and staff meeting, including regular data analysis meetings
- Collaborated with teachers and peers to share best practices
- Participate in weekly and biweekly meetings with teachers and implemented next steps urgently.
- Executed the network and created unit and lesson plans to accelerate students learning
- Built a classroom community that fostered learning and growth
- Utilized data from interim assessment and exit tickets to drive instructions
- Remained empathic to students previous experiences when observing and responding to their behavior
- Supported all students learning styles
Youth Basketball Development league/Amigo Sports Academy – Foreign Manager/Curriculum Developer – Shanghai/Suzhou, China – June 2015 to June 2019
- Demonstrate methods that support the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional development of children.
- Create appropriate physical education instruction adaptation for learners of different abilities.
- Understand individual group behaviors and motivations as to create a safe learning environment in a basketball setting.
- Create learning environments that encourage positive social interaction and self-motivation.
- Understand effective verbal and nonverbal communication techniques to enhance learning and encourage engagement.
Education First – English Teacher – Shanghai, China – June 2013 to May 2015
● Prepare lessons and equipment in advance for all classes.
● Administer, correct and record the results of progress reports, tests and assessments for students.
● Substitute for absent colleagues, perhaps at short notice, on or off-site.
● Meet regularly with the Director of students and/or center colleagues to communicate all relevant information.
● Assist the Director of students upon request with the development and marketing of courses and induction of sales, service and teaching staff into the practices of the center
B.A. – University of California, San Diego. Major – Ethnic Studies, Minor – International studies and Theater. June 2011.
M.Ed – University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Secondary Education /Social Justice Education. May 2014. TEFL in China Certification
Moreland University Teaching Certificate- (In progress) Physical Education/History -May 2021